School History

Radnage Church School was built in 1862 and was extended in 1885. Offices, staff room and facilities were added in 1994. The hall and entrance was extended in 2001. 
The oak leaf and double barred cross used by the school represents two elements of local interest. The oak leaf derives from the abundance of oaks to be found in the village, indeed the Old English word for Radnage may have meant 'Red Oak'. The cross was a version used by the Knights Templar in the twelfth century. They are generally credited with building Radnage Church and a small carved double barred cross can be found scratched on the right door jamb in the church today. 
The Headteacher has kept a Log Book of events at Radnage School since March 1903.