About the P.T.A.
All parents, carers and staff are automatically members of Radnage School P.T.A, and we are very keen for as many as possible to get actively involved.
Our aims are to add value to the experience of Radnage children through activities and resources. Regular events are;
- Summer Fete,
- Autumn and Summer discos,
- Easter egg hunt,
- Quiz evenings
- and the Rugged Radnage 10k run.
All of these events (and many more) prove to be extremely good fun and rewarding but more importanly combine to provide funds in excess of £15,000 per annum to the school which are used to deliver valued resources for the school and its children.
Funds raised by the P.T.A have been used for the following school purchases:
- funds to support re-fit of the old computer suite - now used for years 5 & 6
- funds to purchase our amazing outside reading hut
- funds to acquire new laptops and related IT equipment
- updated reading materials for all years
All sorts of help is needed, such as:
- occasional serving teas/coffees & refreshments at events
- occasional helping with projects such as creating outdoor play or learning areas
- or designing flyers for us, or running your own activity or fundraising idea (new ideas are VERY welcome)
- helping organise key events (Fairs, discos etc) - we always needs extra paris of hands
We hold PTA meetings 3 times each year (usually at the start of each term) where we make decisions about funding and other matters. Being involved in the P.T.A means that YOUR child or children will directly benefit from your efforts, and also its a great way to get to know the school community.
Please let us know if you have particular skills or interests that could be helpful. The school office will be able to provide details and confirm when the next P.T.A meeting is taking place.